Training and Courses
Training and Courses
Through my training sessions, I will enable you and your staff, freelancers or volunteers to learn new skills, develop new knowledge, learn how to facilitate a course, deliver activities, and share life stories and experiences, whilst exploring heritage and local history through creativity.
If you work with older people and would like to learn how to provide them with professional reminiscence and activity sessions, I offer bespoke training courses for groups, staff and volunteers throughout the year.
I am also happy to provide tailor-made training specifically for your groups in a location of your choice.
I currently offer the following courses to groups and organisations, all of which can be made bespoke to perfectly suit your staff and volunteer needs. I am also happy to create new ones on related themes, just get in touch for a discussion:
Training sessions available:
- Reminiscence Training – Both 1 & 2 day programmes
- Oral History Training – Both 1 & 2 day programmes
- Online Oral History Training – Over 4 sessions
- Dementia Awareness Training
- Object Handling for Reminiscence Work
- Remembering Together: A Life History Book Course
These courses are suitable everyone and in particular for:
- Activity co-ordinators and care staff at homes and day centres
- Carers/family members needing guidance on providing activities for loved ones
- Anyone wishing to learn more about the role of creative reminiscence in supporting older people
- Participants wanting to make a bespoke creative present for friends and family
- Social Care workers engaging with volunteer training
- Participants wanting to improve their lives through a creative medium
- Artists and Facilitators working with older people
“Fantastic resources and ideas. The course content was extremely useful – practical, NOT just theory!”
“It introduced the whole area in a practical, useful and engaging way’”
“Nothing I would add, change or take away! I’d easily do another day. It was very engaging.”
“Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to join this course, I cannot tell you how much it has enriched my life. That sounds rather dramatic, but it has shown me just how much oral history means to me. I have been regarding my historical projects as something I participate in merely as a hobby, and as such, not worth taking further, such as, investment in training. The knowledge I now have, thanks to the course, I hope to put to good use at some point in the future.”‘
“I found it very valuable!”
“I thoroughly enjoyed this course – a delight from beginning to end.”
“Nicola is lovely to work with. She is warm, friendly, imaginative, creative and very professional!”
Pippa Smith Freelance Producer / Former Head of Education – Brighton Festival and Dome
“Nicola has worked on the Chichester Festivities lantern procession since 2005. On this project she runs lantern making workshops in the community, creates art for the event and then works on the actual event. We have found Nicola to be a good communicator and popular with the groups that she has worked with; she is a hard worker, good team player and has created amazing art for us. We would not hesitate in recommending her for similar projects.”
Get in touch
Get in touch for a free 30 minute consultation. Whatever your project, I can help.